The Institute of Political History is a private research place in Hungary. Besides the historical and societal research works, and the archives and the library, it hosts scientific and cultural events as well. This is an intellectual center that is concentrating first of all on renewing and popularizing the social criticism thinking and the sociological work in the widest range.
Main research areas:
- hungarian and international political history of the 20th century
- elections of the 20th century in Hungary
- national identity in the 20th century
- theoretical questions of globalisation and integration
- women beyond the private life