The research group Biography and Parliament was formed in 1989 at the University of the Basque Country (UPV-EHU) to analyse: Governance, representation in the contemporary society in its social, political-institutional and cultural dimensions.
The research lines of the group are:
- Biography database of elected Basque and Spanish MPs (1900-2000)
- History of representative assemblies and Parliaments (1900-2000)
- History of "Economic Agreements" between the central state and local Councils Estates (1900-2000)
- Political culture and political practices, cultural politics in the modern age (1900-2000)
- Studies on Bilbao and its metropolitan area